ecotects were delighted to work alongside County Oak Frames on a new home in the heart of the South Downs National Park.
County Oak Frames offer a wide range of hard and softwood products, specialising in bespoke furniture and timber clad and framed buildings.
The image shows one of ecotects’ timber clad buildings.
This warm natural, material has many practical, aesthetic and environmental benefits including:
• Outstanding thermal and sound insulation properties
• Suitable for both new build and renovation projects
• Ease of repair
• Easily rejuvenated or redecorated
• Timber is a natural, warm, attractive material, suitable for use in rural or urban locations
• Timber is a renewable resource
• Source certification schemes ensure its sustainability
• Low carbon footprint – requires less energy to produce than any other construction material
• Growing trees remove CO2 from the atmosphere. Using wood stimulates the expansion of managed forests to absorb more of this global warming gas.
• Major potential for re-use or recycling at end of life
To find out more about County Oak Frames please visit www.countyoakframes.co.uk